Discover more about healthcare including energy efficiency, financing, sustainable solutions, and megatrends.
The Big Room Talks: Healthcare brings industry experts together to share insight and ignite action regarding the latest megatrends and implications within the healthcare industry.
Held on Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Key Talk Topics:
- Project financing
- COVID-19 effects on healthcare facilities
- Trends and innovation in healthcare construction
- Energy efficiency and sustainable solutions
- Customer success stories
With more opportunity than ever before to leverage regulatory and legislative updates, technology, programs, and trends, The Big Room Talks: Healthcare is talking big ideas.
Keynote Presentation: Delivering Successful Healthcare Projects
Michelle Malone, MPA, Owner and CEO, TruNrth, Inc.
- Updates from California’s Office of Statewide Healthcare and Planning Division (OSHPD)
- How to plan a successful healthcare project
- Nine indicators for successful projects including (team alignment, Big Room co-location spaces, shared knowledge, team investment, Lean methods, etc.)
Delivering Successful Healthcare Projects | Michelle Malone
Delivering Successful Healt...
Q&A with Michelle Malone
Customer Success Story: Sutter Health RCx Program
Wayne Bader, Energy Manager, Sutter Health
Eric Nyenhuis, PE, Director of Engineering & Development, Southland Energy
- Genesis of Sutter Health’s successful RCx program (enhanced healthcare facility operation and energy efficiency)
- Importance of creating solutions from the inside out, advancing sustainability goals, training staff, reducing energy and maintenance costs, and identifying opportunities for energy retrofits/capital upgrades
- Elegant responses to issues and root cause diagnosis
Sutter Health RCx Program | Wayne Bader and Eric Nyenhuis, PE
Sutter Health RCx Progra...
Q&A with Wayne Bader and Er...
Case Study: Washington D.C. Convention Center Alternative Care Facility – COVID-19
Andrew Tech, Principal Engineer, Southland Industries
- Washington D.C. Convention Center conversion project overview
- Architectural, mechanical, and plumbing highlights of COVID-19 care site
- Winning strategies for rapid deployment and project execution
Trends & Innovations in Healthcare Construction
David Thomack, Group President, Western Operations, The Boldt Company
- Healthcare construction project delivery, prefabrication/modularization, integrated energy solutions overview
- Integrated Lean Project Delivery
- Innovation examples within healthcare; campus combined heat and power (CHP) trends
Case Study: Washington D.C. Convention Center Alternative Care Facilit
Case Study: Washington D.C....
Trends and Innovations in H...
Q&A with Andrew Tech and Da...
Trends and Innovations in Healthcare: Financing and the Importance of Resiliency
Financing Alternatives for Healthcare
Robert Johnson, Senior Vice President, Hannon Armstrong
- Top financial challenges within the healthcare industry
- Resiliency and efficiency for healthcare systems (upgrades; CHP systems, unprecedented challenges)
- Financing options (Energy as a Service [EaaS], Property Assessed Clean Energy [PACE])
PowerSecure, Inc. Healthcare Microgrids: How Healthcare Facilities Nationwide Mitigate Risk with Microgrids
Adam Dutka, Vice President Sales & Market Development Healthcare and Life Sciences, PowerSecure, Inc.
Nicola Guarnieri, West Coast Business Development Manager, PowerSecure, Inc.
- PowerSecure company overview
- Microgrid solutions for healthcare facilities (business continuity, financial benefits, corporate social responsibility and sustainability)
- How microgrids mitigate risk for healthcare facilities
- PowerSecure healthcare case study review
Financing Alternatives for Healthcare | Robert Johnson
Financing Alternatives for ...
How Healthcare Facilities N...
Q&A with Adam Dutka, Nicola...
PG&E’s Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Solutions Offerings
PG&E Energy Efficiency Offerings in Healthcare Segment
Claire Braico, Principal Engineer, Manager, Non-Residential Energy Efficiency Program Oversight, PG&E
- PG&E energy efficiency programs available to customers
- PG&E energy efficiency portfolio (portfolio transition, new local programs, and existing programs) and transition plan
- Healthcare Energy Efficiency Program (HEEP) overview and achievements
PG&E Sustainable Solutions Turnkey (SST) Offering
John Garnett, Principal Product Manager, Energy Consulting Group, PG&E
- PG&E Sustainable Solutions Turnkey (SST) as a one-stop solution
- Common customer challenges
- SST experience, unique features, process overview
PG&E Sustainable Solutions Turnkey (SST) Offering | John Garnett
PG&E Sustainable Solutions ...
Q&A with Claire Braico and ...
Keep an eye out for future The Big Room Talks events.
Within the AEC industry, Big Rooms are on-site co-location spaces that physically bring together designers, builders, facilities operators, and more to create a collaborative environment.
The Big Room Talks provides the opportunity for diverse professionals and clients to come together virtually within a collaborative space to learn, explore, and network.